Retiring Catalogues shop here
IF YOU LOVE THEM, GET THEM NOW!
The 2017-2019 In Colours, Powder Pink, Lemon Lime Twist, Tranquil Tide, Berry Burst and Fresh Fig, will be retiring. That means the coordinating 2017-2019 In Colour products (card stock, ink pads, refills, markers and more) will retire as of June 4. The current annual catalogue ends June 3 and the NEW 2019-2020 annual catalogue begins June 4. They officially will be on the Stampin’ Up! Retiring Products List as of April 15.
In the past, retiring In Colour products have sold out very quickly (and forever) once they hit the retiring product list.
Stampin’ Up! Will be releasing a NEW paper cutter in the future but a date is not determined.
NEW & IMPROVED DIE & EMBOSSING FOLDER DESIGNS COMING! The Stampin’ Up! 2019-2020 Annual Catalogue begins June 4. New stamp sets, 2019-2021 In Colours, designer series paper and a new die and embossing folder design will be introduced.
Here are some of the changes and improvements you’ll notice with the new-style dies and embossing folders:
- Our new-style open dies (those that coordinate with stamps) use a high quality metal that’s thinner than before but still as strong and durable.
- The new-style dies have an added lip to the inside of the blades.
- On old-style dies, when you place an open die (dies that coordinate with stamps) over a stamped image, a small border of card stock is visible around the stamped image. With new-style dies, the die hugs the edge of the stamped image. Instead of aligning the die to the space around the stamped image, you will align it to the edges of the stamped image. When the image is cut, there will still be a cardstock border around the image.
- Stampin’ Up! Improved the adhesive that secures the dies to the insert sheet in the package so that it’s not too sticky. It’s easier to remove dies from the insert sheet, and the adhesive won’t cling to the dies.
- Stampin’ Up! Standardized the size of the die inserts for easier storage based on their observation of how dies are stored. There are now only two insert sizes: 5″ x 7″ (12.7 x 17.8 cm), which coordinate in size with our stamp cases, and 6″ x 6″ (15.2 x 15.2 cm). The standard sizes will allow uniform storage in whatever system you use. The envelopes that the dies come in will be slightly larger.
- With old-style Dynamic folders, Stampin’ Up! Recommended you spritz card stock before embossing to soften the fibers so you got a better impression. Now, that extra step will not be necessary because the new-style folders usually create a crisp impression without spritzing. The way the new folders are manufactured also gives Stampin’ Up! Options for more detailed and intricate designs in the future.
- 3D folders are thinner than the current, old-style dynamic folders. Because they are thinner, you will need to use a shim, depending on the die-cutting & embossing machine you use.
In addition, our current die cutting machine will retire after June 3 and be replaced with a new one in the future (date to be determined). I’m excited about these changes and look forward to new and improved, top quality products!
Happy Stamping Teresa